Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This was a good week!!

The specials this week were great. #1 Wood grilled Mahi with Jasmine rice, broccolini, and a Lemon Thyme Buerre Blanc. #2 Carribean Jerk grilled chicken breast with grilled pineapple basmati rice, broccolini, and a Coconut Rum cream sauce. I'm really happy at Kenmure. I am also getting involved with American Culinary Federation. I can earn credits and points that can go to becoming a certified chef. Kemure is paying my dues. I might even get to go to Las Vegas in a couple years for the ACF National convention. Well, I hope you enjoy the specials this week and I will be in touch.

4 comments:

Goode Design said...

y'ever thought about offering a cooking class? say something for grills? that would be a GREAT thing to do at staff retreat. Plus, we could learn how to use a few ingredients and still come up w/ something cool?

bekster said...

Very cool. But, what is "Caribbean Jerk"? Is that like Captain Jack Sparrow?

Paul Murphy said...

Pete, I can't remember the last time you were on staff.

Ben said...

Caribbean Jerk is a spice rub that consists of chiles, thyme, garlic, onions, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. It is most commonly used on pork and chicken. It is normally used as a dry rub but can be blended with olive oil to make a great marinade. As far as a cooking class goes, I am still a student myself. Becky speaking of pirates, we cooked some salmon lastnight for a wedding tasting. It was roasted in the oven on a cedar plank. ARRR!!!