Sunday, February 17, 2008

First week at new job!!!

Well my first week was great. I have already influenced the menu and the chef told me that my plate designs are a step up from what they have been doing. He seems really glad to have me in his kitchen. My first dish that I presented was, a 16 oz. Pork chop stuffed with spinach, toasted walnuts, and Gorganzola cheese. I then grilled it and served it with Herb spatzle, asparagus, and a Balsamic vinaeger reduction. I sold 5 the first night. I enjoy showing what I have learned. I am very happy about my job change. I feel that it was a oppurtunity provided by God. I told my chef about camp and he didn't even ask if I could miss, he just ask the dates and wrote it down. Anyway, talk to everyone later.

4 comments:

Danny Baddeley said...

So, wanna come over for dinner tonight? If you cook I will pour the ice tea! Think about it, what a deal.

bekster said...

So glad it's working out for you...

What's "spatzle"?

Goode Design said...

ok. i'm hungry now. I really gotta learn some tricks of the trade from you.

Ben said...

Spatzle is a German Pasta made from flour, eggs, and water. You can add a variety of flavors to it. A couple that I have done in the past, collard green spatzle and red beet spatzle. The beet spatzle was pink, like Pepto Bismol. Spatzle is traditionaly served sauteed with onions and green beans.